Open Water Diver Course
Starting as a PADI Open Water Diver, you’ll have the skills, knowledge and freedom to explore the underwater world at your leisure. Being taught in the Emerald Sea, cold water diving, you will be prepared to dive anywhere on our planet.
Check our calendar or blog for upcoming courses or call/email us and get on our contact list so we can contact you about courses in the works.
Let us know when you would like to do your course and we will do our best to help you out!
During the OW course you will:
- After studying the manual and doing the self-quizzes, attend classes to review what you’ve learned about the theory of diving.
- You will GO DIVING at the pool. Practicing skills that will help you to be a safe, confident diver.
- Once you are comfortable with the theory behind diving and have practiced your skills in the pool you will GO DIVING in an open water setting.
- Must be able to swim (any stroke) 200 meters in the pool and tread (keep your head above) water for 10 minutes.
- Must be at least 12 years old.
- Must be at least 100 pounds in weight.
- Must complete the knowledge reviews (self quizzes) in the manual PRIOR to attending class..
Open Water Diver Course: $499.99 before taxes
- DVD rental,
- Use of a Dive Computer, Manuals, and Log Book
- SCUBA Equipment rental for the course (except for the following)
Student must supply:
Mask, Snorkel, Fins, Gloves, Boots
Registration takes about an hour. Please make arrangements via phone/email with the shop ahead of time to go through the registration process at least a week and a half BEFORE the course begins.
Registration consists of:
- A non-refundable minimum deposit of ($250) which pays for your classroom materials and your portion of the pool rental for that specific course. If you miss the course you are registered for, there will be a further charge of $180 when you register for the next course.
- Filling in paperwork including a medical that MUST be filled out prior to class beginning (NOTE – if any of the medical questions are answered with a yes, then you MUST have a doctor’s note before we can take you in the pool with gear on). Cost for the doctor’s note varies so check with your doctor or clinic.
- Rental sizing, to reserve your equipment for your course dates and to give you your FIRST ORIENTATION on set up/take down of SCUBA equipment
Your FIRST LESSON in scuba diving!
Note – Lesson dates are dependent on a minimum of students per coarse. If there are not enough students registered for the course it will be adjusted or canceled, and those registered will be given first choice of subsequent dates OR those wanting to continue the course can arrange a new price based upon the number of participants.
*See Calendar on website or email or phone or visit shop for more details. You can also ask to be put on a contact list to be notified of upcoming courses.
**Student equipment packages are available at a discount.
When we are in the confined water (the pool) learning basic SCUBA diving skills, Beaver Aquatics with its Instructors and Divemasters strive to create a fun and exciting experience. Confined water diving opens the door to the fun you signed up for and set the stage for future learning.
During open water dives divers build confidence as they demonstrate the skills learned in confined water (the pool) in an open water (the ocean) diving setting.